How are you all?
I’m enjoying life which is devoid of the regular 9.00 to 6.00 job! I’m having to do lot of chores but that’s fine with me as the monotony hasn’t set in yet! 😀
I’ve been crafting regularly, almost everyday since we relocated to Hyd. To be honest, I get a lot of ‘Me’ time here as I get to be all alone after hubby leaves for work. 🙂
Coming to the cards I made, I want to make two separate posts.
This post has all the Mama Elephant and Pretty Pink Posh and Neat and Tangled goodness. I also have deviated a bit from my natural style of CAS and I’m loving it. Dies and patterned papers beckon me as soon as I sit down to craft these days! I just LOVE the Pretty Pink Posh and Mama Elephant Femme Frames dies SO much that I rarely make a card without using either of these.
For my first card, here are the steps I followed.
1. Die cut a piece of white card stock with Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Duo 1 dies to make a background for your images that would be adhered later. (The windows die can be continuously cut to make as many windows as we please which is why I LOVE it! The video tutorial by Paulina on how to do it can be found HERE.)
2. Cut a patterned paper of your choice in the size of the card base and adhere it to the base. Here, I used a very pretty patterned paper from Echo Park ‘Splendid Sunshine’ 6X6 stack.
3. Add the die cut window frames background on the patterned paper and place back three windows in place where you want the images to be placed. (Before you adhere the die cut window frame background, cut frames off in the center, to make place for the sentiment.)
4. Stamp the images from Mama Elephant ‘In My Heart’ stamp set on a piece of water color paper and color them with the medium of your choice. I used distress inks and a water brush to color them.
5. Fussy cut or use coordinating dies to cut around them. Adhere them in place.
6. Stamp the sentiment on a piece if white card stock and cut around it so as to make it fit in the center.
Steps to be followed to make the second card-
2. Sponge distress inks on the image.
3. Die cut the image with Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Duos 2 dies (A stitched frame comes in the die set.)
4. Stamp the image from Mama elephant ‘In My Heart’ stamp set on a piece of white card stock, color it with colored pencils or markers and cut with coordinating die.
5. Cut the center of the sunburst image with the same coordinating die where the die cut image can be placed.
NOTE- If you don’t have the coordinating dies, nothing to worry. Just fussy cut the image and adhere it at the center of the sunburst image using foam adhesive or just use glue which would give you the same result. Since I have the dies, I went along and achieved an inlaid die cut effect.
6. Cove the entire base of the card with preferred patterned paper and adhere a stitched panel in white. I used Mama Elephant Femme Frames die.
7. Now place the sunburst panel on it and adhere the die cut image if the little girl.
8. Stamp the sentiment.
The last card is pretty simple.
1. Stamp the image from Mama Elephant ‘In My Heart’ stamp set four times on a piece of white card stock, color and fussy cut them.
2. Die cut white card stock with Pretty Pink Posh ‘Film Strip’ die and cut off the vertical strips in the center to add sentiment.
3. Adhere the die cut on the base card stock and then the images with foam adhesive for dimension.
4. Do a little masking and stamp the sentiment as seen on the card. (Originally, the sentiment is long and in two lines.)
5. Cut around it in a square shape and apply versamark water mark ink and heat emboss with clear glitter embossing powder.
5. Adhere the cut sentiment at the center of the die cut piece and you are done.
I’m submitting all the cards to ‘Mama Elephant and Me’ ‘Anything goes’ challenge
I hope you like the cards. Thanks for visiting today! 🙂